Lecturer in Nursing
Campus Location:North Sydney
Functional Unit:National School of Nursing, Midwifery & Paramedicine
Work Type:Continuing full time
- Provide lectures, tutorials and laboratory classes within the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine
- Make a significant contribution to clinical education
- Full-time continuing position based in North Sydney
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 1,800 staff supporting more than 30,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine NSW & ACT comprises a team of highly motivated and dedicated academic and professional staff who have built a strong teaching and learning environment as evidenced by student demand, entry levels, and student course experience evaluation over several years.
As a Lecturer in Nursing you will develop and provide lecture, tutorial and laboratory classes in relevant subjects and contribute to the teaching performance of the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine.
- teach and assess undergraduate / postgraduate level students as appropriate
- teach selected areas of nursing which may include medical, surgical, acute care, mental health, ethics or clinical education
- participate in campus and university committees
- be involved with professional activities within and outside the university
You will need to demonstrate:
- a Master's degree and / or be enrolled in a Doctorate / PhD in a related discipline
- relevant tertiary teaching experience
- commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- current Australian registration as a Registered Nurse.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply: Obtain the Position Description PD ACL-B Nursing SoNMP NSW.pdf Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $110,847 - $130,747 pa, including salary component $93,667 - $110,590 pa (Academic Classification Level B), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Associate Professor Amanda Johnson, State Head of School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine on (02) 9739 2439
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday 6 November 2016
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Advertised: 14 Oct 2016 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 06 Nov 2016 AUS Eastern Daylight Time