Associate Professor in Visual Arts
- Drive the revised Visual Arts Program for La Trobe University
- Exciting new Role
- $129,634 - $142,817 plus up to 17% superannuation
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2015), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
In this role
This position is located within the School of Humanities & Social Sciences, within the College of Arts, Social Sciences and Commerce. The School offers an array of challenging and dynamic degrees that prepare students to be critical thinkers, global citizens and active members of and contributors to their communities, workplaces and wider social environments.
The School of Humanities and Social Sciences is ranked in the top 100 of global universities. The School is an acknowledged leader in research. We are ranked at world standard or above world standard in many of our disciplines. Visual Arts is a major in the Bachelor of Creative Arts degree which is under the auspices of the Creative Arts and English Department.
As the Associate Professor, Visual Arts, you will be recognised nationally/internationally as a contributor to the development of the Visual Arts field and profession. You will provide leadership and foster excellence in teaching and learning in Arts and Creative Arts. You will provide leadership in developing curriculum and engaging teaching and undertake high quality and/or high impact research in Arts.
To succeed, you will possess:
- PhD or completed doctoral qualification and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas.
- Demonstrated effectiveness and leadership in curriculum development and teaching with a proven commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Record of attracting honours/research students and successful supervision
- Evidence of effective contributions to leadership and management at the Department/School/College or University level or leadership and management in a professional Arts practice
- Significant record of nationally and/or internationally recognised independent research, with evidence of its impact and significance.
- Strong record of publications, including papers in leading international journals and/or invited presentation at international conferences.
- Successful record of external research funding through grants/contracts/consultancies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Proven ability to build sustainable relationships with a range of industry partners and evidence of the ability to promote research links with outside organisations/agencies.
- Proven leadership skills with a demonstrated capacity to manage and mentor less senior teaching and research staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and productively with staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Evidence of the ability to work as a member of a team, in a co-operative and collegial manner and contribute to building a positive and engaged culture.
Closing date: 23rd November 2016
Position Enquiries: Professor Tanya Fitzgerald, TEL: 94792650;
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Rosemary Shaker on +61 (03) 9479 6081.