Technical Services Officer, Visual Arts
- Play an integral part within our College of Arts, Social Sciences and Commerce
- Part Time, continuing positions based at our Bendigo Campus
- $56,514-$59,974 plus 17% superannuation (pro rata)
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2016), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
The position of Technical Services Officer (Visual Arts) will contribute their knowledge of painting, drawing and/or printing on a variety of mediums to support work in student focussed workshops in the Visual Arts Program at La Trobe. You will provide technical instruction, advice and support to students in achieving results to a high standard.
In this position, you will perform a range of specialist duties including art installation, studio preparation work, class material provisioning, demonstration of machinery and tool borrowing as well as working with students on digital prints, production of artwork documentation photographs and software support an operation.
Your role will also include coordinating the health and safety of the studio, staff and students as well as organising and maintaining inventory of tools and equipment in classroom and studio facilities.
Skills & Experience
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- A minimum Diploma level qualification (preferably in Fine Arts or Visual Arts) with relevant work related experience; or completion of a Certificate IV with relevant work experience or a a combination of experience, education and training
- Demonstrated track record of facilitating high standard of exhibitions, residencies and collections including engagement with special and digital medial engagement platforms
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organisational skills and be able to work independently and also contribute to an effective team
- Demonstrated high level of autonomy and innovation
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Monday 21st November 2016
Position Enquiries: Ian Armet, Technical Services Manager on Phone: 03 9479 2050 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Sarah Smarrini, Recruitment Consultant on (03) 9479 5191.