Professor in Structural Dynamics
Professor in Structural Dynamics
DTU Civil Engineering at the Technical University of Denmark invites applications for a position as Professor in Structural Dynamics. This professorship is supported by funding from The Danish Hydrocarbon Research and Technology Centre. Therefore, it is envisioned that a wide range of collaborative projects between this centre and the department of Civil Engineering will form the basis of this professorship.
DTU Civil Engineering is a department with the overall mission of contributing to research, development and education within the following scientific areas: construction materials, concrete properties, construction structural design, fire safety, indoor environment, geotechnics, geology and solar energy.
The professor will be attached to the section for Structural Engineering, one of the six sections comprising the Department.
Responsibilities and tasks
It is anticipated that the professor will contribute to research and education in one or more of the following topics:
- Experimental dynamics of large structures
- Structural monitoring and integrity
- Identification of deteriorative mechanisms and effects
- Identification of physical properties using operational modal analysis
- Academic assessment work
- External fundraising and collaboration
The professor is expected to facilitate collaboration on cross-disciplinary projects and to take part in work with government agencies. Furthermore, the professor is expected to form and manage theme based research groups and the candidate must be able to take academic leadership.
It is expected that the professor will establish a close collaboration with the The Danish Hydrocarbon Research and Technology Centre on topics relating to the intended research area.
The professor will guide and supervise younger researchers and PhD-students, and carry out some teaching and advising BEng. BSc. and MSc.-students, and to some extend teach at PhD levels.
The successful candidate is expected to take a lead position in teaching at the BSc, MSc, and PhD levels.
The qualified candidate should have an internationally recognized academic and professional profile. More specifically the following qualifications should be met:
- A high degree of original scientific production at international level
- Documented experience in research management
- Documented and successful teaching experience at different levels within the courses offered by the university, particularly at the PhD level
- Documented experience in attracting external funding
In the assessment of the candidates consideration will be given to
- The ability to teach
- Scientific production at international level, research potential and ability to lead and develop a research team
- The ability to promote and utilize research results
- Experience with innovation activities
- An all-round experience basis, including international experience
- The ability to contribute to the development of internal and external cooperation
- Track record in attracting funding to the research area
- Visions within the research area
For the specific position consideration will also be given to:
- Experience with dynamic analysis of prototype structures under ambient and artificial loading
- Development of special strategies, methods or software for advanced analysis of structural vibration
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
Further information may be obtained from Head of Department Niels-Jørgen Aagaard, +45 4525 1877.
You can read more about DTU Civil Engineering at www.byg.dtu.dk
Please submit your online application no later than 18 November 2016.
To view the full announcement and to apply: www.career.dtu.dk