Lecturer in Visual Arts
- Key position within the School of Humanities & Social Science
- Full Time position available, Mildura Location
- $87,891 - $104,366 p.a. + up to 17% superannuation
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2016), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve
In this role
The Visual Arts Lecturer sits within the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, within the College of Arts, Social Sciences and Commerce.
In the role of Lecturer, Visual Arts, you will provide specialised expertise in the curriculum design and delivery, and undertake research or other scholarly work relevant to the Visual Arts discipline. This position works to support the Senior Lecturer, Visual Arts in the management of TAFE relationships and quality assurance of the BCA programs at the Mildura campus.
You will deliver a high quality learning experience that engages students through the conduct of practical classes, tutorials, studio demonstrations, workshops etc. You will use innovative delivery techniques, such as the use of blended delivery, as well as contribute to the teaching of core and elective subjects in undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Conduct and publish, or disseminate high quality research and contribute to writing up research findings for publication and dissemination.
This position will take the lead in the coordination and have oversight of all quality assurance processes at the Mildura campus, as well as partner with the Senior Lecturer, Visual Arts to support the management of TAFE relationships at the campus, providing technical support and coordination.
To succeed, you will possess:
- PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate
- Demonstrated competence in teaching and curriculum development
- Evidence of high quality research undertaken and published or otherwise disseminated
- Demonstrated ability to supervise honours and postgraduate students
- High level organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and competing demands
- High level oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate complex analytical information
- The ability to build robust relationships with the University's partner TAFE's
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
Closing date: Friday 18th November, 2016 by 11:00 AEST
Position Enquiries: Professor Tanya Fitzgerald, Head, School of Humanities & Social Sciences on phone: +61 (03) 9479 2650 or email at:
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For enquiries on how to apply for this position, please call Sarah Smarrini, Recruitment Consultant on +61 (03) 9479 5191.