Lecturer in Visual Arts
- Play a key position within our School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Part Time, continuing position available, Bendigo Location
- $87,891 - $104,366 p.a. + up to 17% superannuation (pro rata)
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2016), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
In this role
The Visual Arts Lecturer sits within the School of Humanities and Social Sciences. In the role of Lecturer, Visual Arts, you will provide specialised expertise in the development of our curriculum, delivering quality teaching experiences as well as undertaking research or other scholarly work relevant to an Visual Arts discipline.
Develop, coordinate and teach a high quality learning experience that engages students through the conduct of practical classes, tutorials, demonstrations, workshops etc. Demonstrate a scholarly approach to learning and teaching and contribute to the teaching or core and elective subjects in undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. Conduct and publish, or disseminate high quality research and contribute to writing up research findings for publication and dissemination. You will also be required to supervise Higher Degree by Research postgraduate students and build relationships with key stakeholders at a local and national level.
To succeed, you will possess:
- PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate
- Demonstrated competence in teaching and curriculum development
- Evidence of high quality research undertaken and published or otherwise disseminated
- Demonstrated ability to supervise honours and postgraduate students
- High level organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and competing demands
- High level oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate complex analytical information
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
Closing date: Friday 18th November 2016
Position Enquiries: Professor Tanya Fitzgerald, Head, School of Humanities & Social Sciences on phone +61 (03) 9479 2650 or on email
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For enquiries on how to apply for this position, please call Sarah Smarrini, Recruitment Consultant on +61 (03) 9479 5191.