Faculty / Portfolio:
Monash Business School
Location: Victorian campuses (including Clayton, Caulfield, Berwick and Peninsula)
Sessional rates will apply
- Make your mark
- Realise great ambition
- Experience the freedom to transform
If you're after a rewarding career, Monash University can help make it happen. With leading academics and world-class resources, combined with a ranking in the top 100 universities worldwide, we offer all you need to build a brighter future.
The Department of Economics is searching for sessional Teaching Associates. As a Teaching Associate, you will work independently and interdependently, assuming accountability and responsibility for your actions. You will work with the support, guidance and/or direction from the relevant Chief Examiner(s) and the Teaching Associates Coordinator to inspire active learning in economics units offered at Monash University and motivate students to achieve their best and help them meet the desired learning outcomes.
If you have a minimum of an honours degree in economics, ability to engage and educate and possess high level interpersonal skills and enjoy working as part of a team, we would love to hear from you.
Teaching Associates should bring the following qualities to their role:
- be confident and enthusiastic
- be prepared for classes
- be committed to supporting and implementing equity and diversity in the classroom
- support the aims and values of Monash University
- be able to work as a member of a team
- be able to motivate students
- be able to mark assignments and exams as agreed with the Chief Examiner.
Teaching Associates will demonstrate the capacity to:
- inspire and develop rapport with students
- work independently and collaboratively
- motivate students and encourage participation
- deliver effective education
- simplify complex subject material to assist students with achieving desired learning outcomes.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to make this role a success your application is encouraged.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash Jobs"
Ms Niki Calastas, Department Manager, Department of Economics, 03 9905 2480
Friday 18 November 2016, 11.55pm AEDT