5 days left
- Full Time
The University of Tasmania has recently introduced a centre-led procurement model which will provide procurement solutions, advice and guidance and deliver significant cost savings across the entire organisation.
As a key member of the procurement team, this new position of Category Manager will play a leading role in the sourcing strategies for all contracts for the medical and scientific supplies and services category.
In the role you will:
- Establish the medical and scientific supplies and services category for UTAS
- Develop annual sourcing plans in support of achieving overall savings targets
- Identify risks associated with supplier repositioning and develop mitigation strategies to appropriately manage these risks
- Facilitate and lead working groups accountable for the delivery of the sourcing activity for the goods and services
- Build a sourcing plan for each sub-category in consultation with applicable stakeholders
- Undertake research and market analysis to assist in the review of requirements and development of procurement plans for university wide arrangements
- Undertake strategy development, cost analysis, specification development, tendering, evaluation, negotiation and contract development, and report to senior management groups on the performance of category management strategies
- Monitor contract activity and market movements
- You will be employed on a full-time, ongoing basis.
To be considered, you will have:
- A relevant Degree (preferably specialising in Procurement and Supply Chain) anddemonstrated knowledge of and experience in a Category Management role, preferably in a related sector or industry
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work closely with all levels of senior management across all disciplines
- Highly developed project management skills and the ability to manage projects to agreed timelines and budgets
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to form effective project stakeholder groups
- Sound understanding of business process reengineering, continuous improvement of systems and processes using analytical tools and frameworks
- Sharp focus on internal and external customer service excellence
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 7 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $105, 926 comprising base salary within the range of $81,296 to $90,535 plus 17% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact, Peter Brennand, Senior Procurement Manager, / (03) 6226 2811.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria. The position description for this role is available on the University of Tasmania website.
Applications close Monday, 31 October 2016.