Deputy College Head
Faculty / Portfolio:
Vice President (Services)
Campus Community Division
Monash Residential Services
Fixed-term appointment to 31 December 2017
Pro-rata of $64,563 - $74,160 pa HEW Level 05(plus 9.5% employer superannuation)
- Support, engage and lead Monash University students in a residential community
- Make your mark
- Clayton campus
If you're after a rewarding career, Monash University can help make it happen. With leading academics and world-class resources, combined with a ranking in the top 100 universities worldwide, we offer all you need to build a brighter future.
The Deputy College Head assists and supports the College Head with the provision of secular residential support and enrichment for residential students via a range of academic, personal, social and recreational activities and programs undertaken within a residential community.
The position is fully residential and you will be required to live in residence. The position requires an appreciation of, and experience managing the issues facing young people and a desire to assist in the development of an environment and corresponding support, engagement and development of residential communities and residents.
You will be required to:
- coordinate staff members and student volunteers
- undertake a range of tasks to assist the College Head in developing, organising and implementing various programs for residents and Resident Advisors
- support the College Head in undertaking a range of operational and administrative tasks
- work with the College Head to promote a culture of approachability, collegiality, cultural awareness and motivation amongst the residential community
- implement emergency and safety procedures and respond to emergency and/or problem situations in accordance with policy.
To be successful in this role, you will have excellent organisational and administrative skills; the ability to interpret policies, systems and processes; the ability to act and make sound judgement in times of crises; and the ability to manage interpersonal relationships with sensitivity and flexibility. Experience in a leadership and advisory role in a university or similar residential environment is essential.
If you are interested in more than one RST position, you are required to submit a separate application for any or all of the available roles to ensure you are considered for multiple positions.
This role is a part-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
The position requires the applicant to hold a current Working With Children Check (WWCC).
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash Jobs"
Mr Jonathan Brown, Associate Deputy Director, Residential Support, 03 9905 7399
Tuesday 1 November 2016, 11:55pm AEDT