6 days left
- Full Time
- Faculty of Health, Arts and Design
- HEW 5: $62,703 - $68,920 plus 17% superannuation
- Full time ongoing position based at the Hawthorn campus
Swinburne University of Technology has a long, proud history of educating and training students for over 100 years.
An Executive Assistant is required to provide wide range of professional confidential support services to the Executive Dean/Deans and senior members of staff within the faculty. It is expected that the Executive Assistant will work under the general management of the Manager, Academic Support Services but take day to day direction from the Executive Dean/Dean. In addition, they will work in partnership with Academic Support and Research Centre Support to ensure a collaborative administrative support function across the Faculty.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- A degree with subsequent relevant experience or extensive experience and broad knowledge in senior administrative fields.
- Extensive experience in an administrative support role which requires coordination of a range of functions and provision of high quality executive and senior administration support services.
- Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and show discretion in sensitive situations
A full list of the selection criteria is available in the position description
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit:
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the university workforce increases the effectiveness of teams and our capacity for innovation. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2015 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2020 vision to be Australia’s leading university of science, technology and innovation.
How to apply
To start an application, click on 'begin' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online
For further information, please contact Joanna Hughes, Manager Academic Support Services on 9214 8183 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties submitting your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Refer to position number: 30609
Applications close: 5pm on Tuesday 1 November 2016