Residential Support Assistant
Faculty / Portfolio:
Monash Residential Services
Campus Community Division
12 month fixed-term appointment
$59,393 - $63,529 pa HEW Level 04
(plus 9.5% employer superannuation)
- Support, engage and lead students in a residential community
- Achieve at a world top 100 university
- Clayton campus
If you're after a rewarding career, Monash University can help make it happen. With leading academics and world-class resources, combined with a ranking in the top 100 universities worldwide, we offer all you need to build a brighter future.
The primary purpose of the Residential Support Assistant (RSA) is to assist the College and Deputy Head in providing care, support and enrichment for residential students in academic, personal, social and recreational matters within a MRS accommodation complex.
The position is fully residential and the RSA is required to live in residence. You will require an appreciation of the issues facing young people and a desire to assist in the development of an environment and corresponding support, engagement and development of residential communities and residents.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- provide support and advice to residents
- assist in the development and management of student leaders (Resident Advisers)
- attend and contribute to formal and informal hall functions and activities on a regular basis
- respond to emergency and resident support issues
- assist RSTO's with the implementation of orientation, resident support programs, and personal developmental programs for all residents.
If you have experience in tertiary student communities, with the ability to act and make sound judgement in times of crisis, to manage interpersonal relationships with sensitivity and flexibility and to encourage cooperation and responsibility amongst young people, we look forward to your application.
This role is a part-time position, and requires flexible working arrangements including weekend work.
If you are interested in more than one RST position, you are required to submit a separate application for any or all of the available roles to ensure you are considered for multiple positions.
The position requires the applicant to hold a current employee Working With Children Check Card (WWCC).
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash Jobs"
Mr Jonathan Brown, Associate Deputy Director, Residential Support, 03 9905 7399
Tuesday 1 November 2016, 11:55pm AEDT