Senior Business Analyst
- Technology Services Branch
- Wide Range of Employee Benefits
- (HEO8) $90,770 - $102,116 per annum
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global well-being.
An exciting opportunity is available for a highly motivated individual with excellent Business Analyst experience who enjoys assessing business and information needs of projects and coordinating the design of new technology solutions to improve business efficiency and productivity.
The position plays an integral role in the initial capture and analysis of IT initiatives originated in the business including conducting high level feasibility studies for potential projects and preparing submissions to the University's ICT Governance process.
Experienced in Learning & Teaching technology systems design and implementation, business process improvement methodologies, you get a buzz out of applying your skills and knowledge to analysing business problems, working with a motivated team and being part of positive change that helps an organisation such as the University succeed. You have a positive friendly outlook and enjoy interacting and working with people at all levels in an organisation.
To be successful you should have:
- Demonstrated experience in complex business analysis, conducting feasibility studies, business case development, test planning and execution.
- Demonstrated experience in business process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma,TQM and / or related Lean methodologies.
- Experience in Learning & Teaching Technology systems design and implementation together with demonstrated knowledge of key Learning & Teaching Technology business processes.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and facilitation skills and in producing a range of high quality documents.
- Extensive experience in stakeholder engagement, expectations and relationship management, including vendors.
- Current knowledge of IT trends and preferably those relevant to the University's IT environment.
- Experience in Cognos Business Intelligence, Report Studio and Tm1 (Desirable)
- Experience in utilising Agile delivery methodologies (Scrum, XP, Kanban, RUP etc).(Desirable)
Salary: (HEO8) $90,770 - $102,116 per annum.
Superannuation: superannuation contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: 2 year fixed term position is available immediately.
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge & Experience' section of the position description within the online application and the reasons you would be a good fit. If you have any queries regarding this position, please email: email@example.com
To obtain a copy of the Position Description/Selection Criteria, please visit the University of Adelaide Job opportunities page via this link http://careers.adelaide.edu.au/cw/en/listing/
Closing Date: 5pm Monday 31 October 2016.
Please note that recruitment agency referred applications will not be considered at this stage.
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.