Student Events Manager
Plans, implements and coordinates a wide range of Student events, activities and meetings that promote the profile of and enhance the Student experience at the California Institute of Technology.
• Reporting to the Student Affairs Division Administrator, develops and executes detailed logistical plans for events, meetings, and activities that fall under the purview of the Student Events Office in the Division of Student Affairs. Examples of the types of events the incumbent will be asked to coordinate include, but are not limited to: Senior class activities, banquets, student government events, social skills series, house events, SAP events, etc.
• Design and coordinate events, this includes but is not limited to, initial concept and design, printed materials, catering and menus, logistics and general operations, protocol, on-site management and event follow-up.
• Plans and oversees complex logistics, security staff and space associated with designated programs or events.
• Coordinates and facilitates visits to the campus by outside student groups.
• Analyzes requirements of each program and assists in the preparation of proposals based on policy and budgetary considerations.
• Works with vendors on pricing, negotiates terms and conditions by analyzing existing or anticipated business; works closely with Procurement Office to develop agreements and contracts; acts as the Institute representative for finalizing agreements and contracts. Secure event location, negotiate contracts, order supplies and audiovisual equipment and décor.
• Prepares budgets for event proposals; administers and monitors budgets, revenue and expenses for designated events; coordinates the preparation of billing vouchers, invoices, fees, etc. Prepare documents and close out of events as assigned.
• Serves as a resource to the students and the broader Caltech community for protocol questions and the planning of specific events, conferences, and activities.
• Availability to work evenings and some weekends.
• BA degree or equivalent with 4+ years of relevant work experience.
• Demonstrated ability to perform a wide array of supervisory and administrative functions relating to the organization and coordination of programs/events. Excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to interact with various levels of management and/or faculty.
• Must have a strong sense of professionalism, team approach, work effectively under pressure, and work very well within a team environment. The Student Event Manager must be available to work evenings and some weekends.
• Excellent interpersonal skills along with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with co-workers and constituents. Must possess exceptional time management skills, and the ability to work with various Institute constituencies prioritizing and resolving competing goals and objectives. Be tactful, discreet and diplomatic and able to deal sensitively with confidential information.
• The Student Events Manager must have the ability to participate in a fast-paced environment, to maintain a sense of humor, creativity, and manage several multifaceted projects simultaneously and independently while meeting aggressive deadlines.
• Effective computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, tracking software, email, internet, etc.) and have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to deliver strong customer service and support to internal and/or external customers. Effectively resolves customer problems by interpreting and applying policies and procedures.
• Strong understanding of financial and accounting principles with the ability to research and analyze data.
• Familiarity with Caltech administrative procedure is a plus; previous experience in organizing and supporting a variety of events and programs in an academic environment is desirable.
• Support and organization of Student activities and programs.
• Project Management Certificate is a plus.
Supervisory position? No
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date 10/17/2016
Posting Close Date 10/21/2016
Open Until Filled No
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.