Teaching Fellow or Associate Lecturer in Management
- Contribute to teaching and support the work of teaching staff
- Fixed Term 3 years - Part-time (0.5 EFT) role at our Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $61,521 - $83,492 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation (pro-rated)
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2016), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
The Department of Management and Marketing is one of three departments in the La Trobe Business School. Combining high quality research, teaching and business and community engagement, the Department has strengths in areas including but not limited to, Tourism and Hospitality, Event Management, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Sport Management, Management Information Systems, organisations, international business, leadership, ethics, diversity, and innovation and entrepreneurship.
A Level A teaching-focussed Teaching Fellow will be enrolled in a Higher Degree by Research Program at La Trobe University and is expected to contribute to teaching particularly at undergraduate level and is to assist and support the work of teaching staff within the School or Department.
About the role
The appointee will be required to prepare and deliver lectures and seminars, conduct tutorials and participate in administrative and other service activities as appropriate. The successful applicant will be required to teach in the area of management and in related areas as determined by the Head of the Department or School. Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Work with subject coordinators to prepare and deliver a high quality learning experience that engages students through the delivery of lectures, tutorials, practical classes, workshops, student field excursions, and other learning activities as appropriate to the discipline;
- Develop a scholarly approach to learning and teaching (possibly including contribution to disciplinary teaching pedagogy and research);
- In consultation with relevant staff, develop subject materials for use in both domestic and external/off-shore programs;
- Develop and deliver teaching support activities and specialist teaching (study tours, work integrated learning, field trips);
- Contribute to development of on-line, blended learning and other innovative forms of delivery;
- Contribute to curriculum review and development at subject or course level with appropriate guidance from subject/course co-ordinators;
- Supervise undergraduate and/or graduate diploma class activities, e.g. computer lab or practical work;
- Maintain successful progress on PhD candidature, as measured by RPP progress panel reviews.
You will possess demonstrated evidence of the following:
- Enrolment in a PhD in Management at La Trobe University or a closely related area and maintain successful progress on your PhD candidature;
- Ability to lecture in subjects and prepare teaching materials, undertake assessment and conduct tutorials and have current knowledge of new teaching methods and pedagogies;
- Capacity to successfully supervise undergraduate and graduate certificate/diploma students;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, personal management skills;
- Ability to work with a team and interact with people effectively from different backgrounds.
Benefits: Please see list of full benefits - http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply: Closing date: 14 November 2016
Position Enquiries: Associate Professor Suzanne Young, Head of Department of Management and Marketing
Phone: +61 3 9479 3140
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Kerryn Harbert, Recruitment Advisor on +61 (03) 9479 1623.