LRAM/RTLA Technical Support Specialist
Posting Detail Information
Working Title LRAM/RTLA Technical Support Specialist - Fort Eustis, VA Research Professional Position Yes Posting Number 201600826AP Position Type Admin Professional/Research Professional Number of Vacancies Work Hours/Week 40 Proposed Annual Salary Range 75000-87000 Desired Start Date Position End Date (if temporary) Open Posting Date Open Until Filled Yes To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on 10/30/2016 Description of Work Unit
CEMML is a research, education and service unit within the Warner College of
Natural Resources at CSU. CEMML applies the latest and most appropriate science to promote the sustainable management of natural and cultural resources on Department of Defense (DOD) and other public lands. We provide technical support, conduct applied research, and offer career development and learning opportunities to support resource stewardship. We collaborate with our sponsors and within CSU to resolve complex environmental issues, leaving a legacy of science-based decisions that sustain our resources for future generations.
To learn more about CEMML’s contributions to land management, our mission, vision, and values, visit http://www.cemml.colostate.edu/.
A position as a LRAM/RTLA Technical Support Specialist (Research Associate III, Special) is available with the Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands (CEMML). The position will serve as component manager for the Land Rehabilitation and Maintenance (LRAM) and the Range and Training Land Assessment (RTLA) components of the Integrated Training Area Management (ITAM) program, providing technical support and guidance to staff at Army installations and within the ITAM Team of TRADOC Capability Manager for Live Training (TCM-L) at Army Training Support Command, located at Fort Eustis Virginia.
Required Job Qualifications
- Demonstrate U.S. employment eligibility; CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
- Have a BS/BA degree in natural science, forestry, ecology, agronomy, or other relevant discipline.
- Have five years of relevant experience in DoD land management and/or monitoring programs.
- Incumbent must have at least two years of installation-level experience in the ITAM program, including execution of RTLA assessments and/or LRAM projects.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Windows and MS Office software.
- Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license by the employment start date.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- An advanced degree related to natural resource science or management.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively manage diverse and concurrent responsibilities.
- A current DoD Common Access Card.
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Technical Support Duty/Responsibility
- Research technical approaches, recommend designs and materials, evaluate costs, and monitor success of Land Rehabilitation and Maintenance (LRAM) projects to restore for restoration of Army training land.
- Research technical approaches, and recommend field study designs and data analysis techniques for Range and Training Land Analysis (RTLA) to identify land repair and maintenance needs, success of management projects, and support training land management decisions.
- Visit Army installations to provide training and technical expertise in the design, development, execution, and monitoring of LRAM and RTLA projects.
- Evaluate LRAM and RTLA component projects.
Percentage Of Time 40 Job Duty Category Programmatic Support Duty/Responsibility
- Serve as the Chair of the LRAM and RTLA User Working Groups to identify programmatic requirements for tools, information, technical support, and training. Coordinate meetings, capture requirements from stakeholders, route requirements through the Program Management Review process, develop scopes of work, and oversee execution of approved requirements.
- Evaluate laws, regulations, and policies for impacts to LRAM execution, and recommend procedures and guidance to implement LRAM within the context of these requirements.
- Coordinate with Army offices and agencies to recommend guidance that ensures support for Army training land management from supporting garrison functions.
- Develop LRAM and RTLA budget requirements for the ITAM program, including content development for the ITAM Program Objective Memorandum briefings to HQDA.
- Provide written input into the quarterly ITAM newsletter and ITAM web site for the LRAM and RTLA components.
Percentage Of Time 40 Job Duty Category Training and Guidance Development Duty/Responsibility
- Develop training courses, briefings, online training, and distance learning opportunities to inform Army installations staff on program policies, and procedures for the LRAM and RTLA components of the ITAM program.
- Develop and organize document libraries, discussion forums, meeting minutes, program announcements and calendars, and related ITAM information resources for the LRAM and RTLA Support pages on the ITAM web site.
Percentage Of Time 20 Application Details
Special Instructions to Applicants
Prospective candidates should apply online at http://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/38113. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications in the announcement to be considered for hire. Apply no later than October 30, 2016, for full consideration. Upload each of the items below individually as a Word Document (.doc), PDF (.pdf), or Rich Text Format (.rtf). Please note that incomplete applications cannot be considered. Please remove social security numbers and birthdates from application materials. A complete application consists of:
1) Statement of Qualifications (one page letter addressing each qualification described in announcement)
3) Please ensure that your application materials reflect your current Common Access Card (CAC) status.
4) Transcripts (for each degree earned that is listed under qualifications)
5) Degree Conferral (copy of diploma if transcripts do not include confirmation that degree was awarded)
6) References (contact information for professional references including at least one supervisor, references will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates)
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Valid Driver’s License Search Contact Jacie Ullrich - firstname.lastname@example.org EEO Statement
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Minimum Requested Maximum Requested Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- List of Professional References
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Resume or CV
- Official Transcripts