This is an exciting opportunity to join New College of the Humanities in the role of Executive Assistant supporting the Head of Quality Assurance.
An award-winning, premium, university-level institution that is leading the way in UK higher education; offers innovative liberal arts-inspired curriculum taught through one-to-one tutorials and small groups, providing unparalleled breadth and depth of learning; based in beautiful Grade I listed premises in the hub of the education sector, Bloomsbury; busy, open office environment in collegiate setting; surrounded by very bright people dedicated to the ethos and ambitions of this small yet fast-growing institution; frequent contact with highly academic students providing a very personal service.
The closing date for this post is midnight, 31st October 2016. Due to the urgency of this role, applications will be considered upon receipt with interviews likely to commence prior to the closing date. An appointment may be made prior to the closing date.
To apply, please submit a covering letter together with your curriculum vitae to email@example.com. Please reference the subject as “EA1016”.
For further details please see the attached job description and job specification can be access via https://www.nchlondon.ac.uk/job-opportunities/#page-section-2-sub-section-1.
Job Title Executive Assistant
Contract Full-time; one year fixed-term contract
Salary £25k - £30k per annum
Benefits Generous benefits package, including 25 days holiday allowance, excluding Bank holidays (FTE allowance), group life assurance, group income protection, pension scheme (optional) and private healthcare (optional)
Reports to Head of Quality Assurance
Start Date By no later than 1 December 2016, preferably sooner
Overall purpose of the post
The overall purpose of this post as Executive Assistant is to provide high quality support to the Head of Quality Assurance. The Quality Assurance department contributes to the strengthening and development of the College’s academic standards and its assurance and enhancement policies and procedures, with particular reference to the work of the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) or any subsequent regulatory body, its collaborative partners, and any relevant professional and statutory bodies.
Main duties and responsibilities
● Maintaining and updating records of policies.
● Assisting with the planning and record keeping of staff and student development relevant to the department.
● Administrative duties, including version control of documentation, coordinating the production of handbooks, programme specifications and course descriptions, and coordinating current programme and course modifications.
● Administrative duties on student engagement activities, including termly Student-Staff Liaison Committee meetings, online student surveys and any external surveys, as well as preparing analyses.
● Supporting role in QAA reviews, including drafting necessary documentation, preparing agendas and coordinating attendees, note/minute taking and other administrative duties.
● Assisting with institutional approval events and programme validation events; and administrative support with on-going annual validation and review processes with the College’s collaborative partners.
● Assisting with the College’s annual programme monitoring and the annual report.
● Assisting with student data returns for HESA.
● Maintaining the academic calendar with all key events and activities and regular monitoring of deadlines and for the submission of documentation.
● Maintaining all records of minutes of meetings and all other departmental documentation and ensuring quick and easy access to all relevant documentation both for internal and external use.
● General administrative duties to include, minute taking, diary management, coordinating internal and external meetings, assistance on presentation prep, room and travel arrangements etc.
● Occasional travel and work in unsociable hours will be required.
● To familiarise, keep updated and comply with all College policies and regulations (e.g. Health and Safety, Data Protection, Staff Handbook etc.)
● Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with Heads of Faculty, Senior Management and other key staff.
● Any other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training and as instructed by Head of Quality Assurance and Management.
● Occasional administrative duties for other departments.
Person Specification can be found here https://www.nchlondon.ac.uk/job-opportunities/#page-section-2-sub-section-1