Small Animal Primary Care
- 12 month fixed-term full time position (37.5 hours per week)
- H0404|$59K-$65K p.a. plus 9.5% employer superannuation
- Ref: 1006J04/201704
The Animal Hospital at Murdoch University is the teaching hospital of the School of Veterinary and Life Sciences. We aim to provide a responsive and complete, referral service to Western Australian veterinarians, their clients and their patients.
Reporting to the Nurse Coordinator (Small Animal Primary Care), this role is to provide high quality Veterinary Nursing care to animals in The Animal Hospital At Murdoch University.
For further information about this position, please refer to the Position Description.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate would need to be skilled in all aspects of veterinary nursing, as well as have:
- Qualified Veterinary Nurse who is registered with the Veterinary Surgeons Board of WA.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a Veterinary practice post qualification.
- Experience in common duties including assisting with surgical, dental and consulting procedures.
- An ability to instruct students and other colleagues whilst on the work floor.
Recognised by The Times Higher Education as one of the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50, Murdoch University is internationally recognised as a research-led institution.
This is a great time to join Murdoch. There are a multitude of opportunities and exciting projects that are presented by the State Government Activity Centre on our doorstep. The co-location of the New Fiona Stanley Hospital and the St John of God Hospital provide many synergies for our learning and teaching, research and community engagement.
Please submit a cover letter, a CV and a statement addressing the selection criteria (found in the Position Description) via the Apply Online button below. Emailed applications will not be accepted.
For further position enquiries: Maria Tarr, Nurse Coordinator (Small Animal Primary Care) on +61 8 9360 6454 or at S.Tarr@murdoch.edu.au.
Please note visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Closing date: 24 October 2016 (11:59pm)