Senior Advisor Global Relations
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The Global Development Portfolio is responsible for making RMIT genuinely global in operations and outlook. Under the leadership of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Global Development) and Vice President, the portfolio:
- leads and coordinates RMIT's global education partnerships,
- identifies, reviews and harnesses opportunities to further enhance RMIT's global model,
- coordinates enterprise-wide fundraising and alumni activities,
- manages global mobility opportunities for RMIT students.
The Senior Advisor Global Relations supports the efforts of the Global Relations team and works closely with the Manager Global Relations to assist in the development and delivery of strategic projects rolled out across the entire RMIT Group ensuring best practice management of these global engagements and partnerships
- Manage and support RMIT's Global Partnership Management Framework and projects of strategic importance to RMIT. This includes:
- Support the successful implementation of the Global Partnership Management Framework.
- Assisting in the development of business processes associated with the implementation of the Global Partnership Management Framework and influence policy developments to best support the Portfolio's work.
- Undertake review activities as appropriate to enable the University to maintain active and vibrant partnerships and relationships covering due diligence as well as risk assessment.
- Manage and contribute to projects as appropriate and monitor deliverables, responsibilities and timelines as well as report on issues identified and achievement of key milestones.
- Coordinate international and domestic meetings as well as provide senior internal stakeholders with relevant status reports and briefing papers.
- In consultation and cooperation with the Manager Global Relations and other key stakeholders, play a leading role in the development and/or improvement of systems and tools to strengthen the management of RMIT's global engagement and partnerships.
- Providing advice on relevant compliance regimes and regulatory requirements.
Skills & Experience required
You must have previous experience in project management and relevant methodologies, including the ability to carry out the associated processes for assessing, developing, and implementing new initiatives within the University environment. You will possess excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, including experience in cross cultural environments.
To be successful in this position you must have extensive understanding of the tertiary education sector in Australia including the regulatory environment and RMIT's responsibilities to these compliance frameworks. A strong understanding of global protocols, partnerships and cultures is also important in this role.
To view a Position Description and apply online please go to http://yourcareer.rmit.edu.au/jobSearch.asp quoting job ref #555894 or further information please contact Jessie Mitchell on +61 3 9925 1432..
Please scroll down to "Apply". Applications close on Sunday 30th October, 2016. Candidates are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.