Manager - Student Wellbeing
Student Services Division
City Campus, Christchurch
Full time, Permanent
Ara Institute of Canterbury is a vibrant and progressive tertiary institute providing world-class, tertiary-level education throughout the Canterbury and Waitaki region. Ara was created in 2016 when education providers CPIT and Aoraki Polytechnic merged, bringing together two well-established organisations and over 200 years of collective experience and success.
Our talented staff, innovative business collaborators and supportive community partners are passionate about the role they play in our students' success.
This management role oversees key areas of student services that contribute towards student educational success through the provision of a wellbeing framework.
This Manager has a critical role in leading and managing teams to evaluate, plan, implement and review student health care provision, the Ara recreation centre, Early Learning Centre, student accommodation, and student events.
With a focus on quality improvement the Manager will work within the Ara Quality Management System to continually evaluate service provision to ensure outcomes are measured and linked to student educational success.
- Undertake the day to day leadership, motivation, management and engagement of staff within the Student Wellbeing team and ensure the focus and direction of the team is aligned to the Student Service Division plans, and the goals and objectives of Ara.
- Establish and lead an environment that supports student wellbeing towards educational success.
- Contribute to planning and development activities in the Division, and Ara.
- Tertiary level qualification or equivalent experience
- An understanding of the tertiary educational context
- An understanding of tertiary learning with a particular focus on the vocational education environment and in supporting students and their wellbeing towards educational success.
We offer and encourage professional and skill development. Enjoy excellent employment conditions, a great central city location and access to modern on-site facilities including Gym/Recreation Centre with free staff yoga and group fitness sessions, Library, Visions on Campus Restaurant, two Childcare Centres and a Health Centre.
We accept applications via our online application system. For a job description and to apply online please visit http://www.ara.ac.nz/about-us/work-at-ara. Any questions should be directed to Human Resources on 03 940 8623 or email@example.com.
Applications close - Wednesday, 26 October 2016.