The nature of the training and development role is industry-specific, with the level of responsibility and variety of activities dependent on the type and size of organization. However, activities are likely to include some or all of the following:
• identifying training and development needs within an organization through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with business managers and human resources departments;
• designing and expanding training and development programmes based on both the organization’s and the individual's needs;
• considering the costs of planned programmes and keeping within budgets as assessing the return on investment of any training or development programme is becoming increasingly important;
• working in a team to produce programmes that are satisfactory to all relevant parties in an organization, such as line managers, accountants and senior managers at board level;
• developing effective induction programmes;
• producing training materials for in-house courses;
• managing the delivery of training and development programmes and, in a more senior role, devising a training strategy for the organization;
• monitoring and reviewing the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with managers;
• ensuring that statutory training requirements are met;
• evaluating training and development programmes;
• amending and revising programmes as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment;
• keeping up to date with developments in training by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses;
• having an understanding of e-learning techniques, and where relevant, being involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages;
• Researching new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning and presenting this research.
• Drive corporate initiatives and values through learning and development
• Effectively manage learning resources necessary to implement these plans
• Manage the delivery of training and performance support
• Drive creative and aggressive improvement in training time to competency and performance execution. Strong focus on end-to-end processes is required
• Build strong relationships with external partners. Implement learning programs that will drive desired results
• Measure the impact of various learning programs to ensure the appropriate business outcome is derived. Assess opportunities for continued improvement, set goals and establish metrics for success
• Define and implement process improvement, tools, and technology to enhance processes for learning execution.
• Maintains a professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks
• Regular on-time attendance.
Education, Training and/or Experience
• Master’s degree with an emphasis on Management & Adult Learning Concepts and/or Learning Theory
• A minimum five years’ experience in corporate training
• Certification in a related field is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
• Comprehensive knowledge of management & leadership plus learning and development principles including familiarity with adult learning theory, instructional design, technology based learning, skill development, change management, and process design.
• Quantifiable experience with classroom training, e-learning, and one-on-one direction
• Credibility to influence employees, peers and executive management. Able to establish and maintain collaborative partnership across the industry
• Customer focused to ensure that Customer needs are built into the solutions and processes
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out complex instruction furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
• Able to integrate work across delivery channels and Customer segments in a fast-paced highly matrix reliant environment; establish priorities and achieve results
• Excellent strategic and process thinking abilities
• Ability to present examples of exemplary writing capabilities
• Computer skills: A sophisticated user of the Microsoft suite of products
• Possess an accomplished public speaking background
An attractive salary commensurate with qualifications and abilities would be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Applications must be submitted online using the University’s online job applications system which can be accessed at this address: waf.fnu.ac.fj/eoi/
Incomplete applications will not be considered, therefore your submission as a complete application must include:
- Cover letter with Job Ref. No. and Position
- Detailed CV with at least contacts of 3 referees
- Certified academic credentials & transcripts
Should you have any queries, please email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by Fiji National University, then your application has not been successful.
Department Department of Administration