- Be part of a role that brings health and medical researchers, consumer and the community together to make a difference!
- 3 unique opportunities available with fixed term appointments until 30 June 2019
- Salary Range: Level 6
The University of Western Australia (UWA), a member of the prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities, is ranked amongst the top Australian universities and among the top 100 universities in the world.
The WA Health Translation Network (WAHTN) represents a new, collaborative way for universities, hospitals, medical research institutes and health affiliated organisations to work together in Western Australia. Under the WAHTN, the Consumer and Community Health Research Network (CCHRN) was established to expand current consumer and community programs across WAHTN partners.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for passionate Consumer Advocates to be part of an innovative Program of Work where the consumer and community 'voice' is integral to the way health research is undertaken.
In this unique and varied community development role, you will bring strong relationship management skills and provide a bridging role between researchers, consumer and community. With an understanding of the value consumer and community members can bring to research. You will provide advice and support to researchers and community members.
To be considered for the role, you will demonstrate
- High level understanding of and experience in active consumer and community involvement principles and practice
- A passion for consumer and community involvement
- Strong understanding of the 'lived experience' consumer and/or community members contribute to research and teaching programs
- Able to build and maintain supportive relationships with various stakeholders
- Ability to work collegiately in a team environment
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description.
Closing date: Monday 31 October 2016
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 315028-315030.pdf
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion the the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.