Lecturer or Senior Lecturer Transport Civil Engineering
Faculty / Portfolio:
Faculty of Engineering
Five year fixed-term appointment
$92,074 - $109,339 pa Level B /
$112,789 - $130,054 pa Level C
(plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Supportive, innovative and creative environment
- Be surrounded by brilliant people
- Clayton campus
If you're after a rewarding career, Monash University can help make it happen. With leading academics and world-class resources, combined with a ranking in the top 100 universities worldwide, we offer all you need to build a brighter future.
The Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Transport Engineering is required to undertake academic duties that include lecturing in, and some administration of, the undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs and supervision of postgraduate research students. As the successful applicant, you will be expected to contribute to the major research strength/themes of the Monash University Institute of Transport Studies (ITS).
The Institute of Transport Studies in the Civil Engineering Department at Monash is the only ARC key centre in transport management in Australia (with two nodes, Monash University and The University of Sydney), and one of the largest transport groups in Australia. It has internationally recognised expertise in:
1. Multimodal urban transportation system planning, modelling and optimisation
2. Transport system sustainability, resilience and human interface
The Institute of Transport Studies is eager to increase activity in the following new/emerging transport engineering research areas: land use and transport modelling and planning; activity based modelling; and freight modelling. The department has a unique experimental transport laboratory, including a laser-based instrumented vehicle, driving simulator, a suite of transport modelling and optimisation software, traffic video data acquisition and cleansing facility, and high throughput/cloud computing capability.
As the successful applicant you will have:
- a Bachelor's degree in the field of civil engineering or equivalent relevant experience
- a research doctorate in the field of transport engineering
- a well established reputation in the field
- research ability through record of publishing in high impact journals and obtaining significant external grants
- experience in developing and delivering high quality teaching materials
- excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You will work with the highest calibre staff and students in a collaborative and stimulating environment with state-of-the-art facilities and infrastructure.
If you believe you fit this profile, we welcome your application.
These are full time positions; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash Jobs".
For further enquiries or for a confidential discussion regarding the position, please contact
Professor Jeffrey Walker, Head of Department of Civil Engineering, +61 3 9905 9681
Sunday 27 November 2016, 11:55pm AEDT