Research Officer/Fellow - Experimental X-ray Science
- Full-time, fixed term contract for 3 years, Melbourne (Bundoora) location
- Level A - $61,521 - $83,492 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
- Level B - $87,891 - $104,366 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe University
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2016), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
In this position
This position has arisen from a collaboration between La Trobe University, the Australian Synchrotron/Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation (ANSTO). Primarily based at the Australian Synchrotron, you will work with the experimental physics group and be responsible for developing new experimental X-ray techniques for diffraction and fluorescence imaging.
Skills and Experience
At Level A, Research Officer:
- Completion of a PhD
- One or two years' experience with Synchrotron or XFEL beamlines
- Evidence of experience in research and evaluation
- A strong track record of contribution to publications, conference papers and/or reports
At Level B, Research Fellow, all of the above, plus:
- Demonstrated experience in coherent X-ray science and related imaging modalities
- A record of journal publications which provide evidence of strong research potential
- Demonstrated ability to supervise or co-supervise Honours, Masters and/or PhD students
- Ability to liaise with a range of collaborators nationally and/or internationally
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Monday 14th November 2016 by 11.00pm AEST
Dr Brian Abbey, +61 (03) 9479 2645 or or
Dr Martin de Jonge, +61 4 8833 8594 or Martin.
Please address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 03 9479 1241 or
More searches like this
- £80,001 - £90,000 Fixed Term Education Other Research Related jobs in Australia
- £80,001 - £90,000 Fixed Term Physical Sciences Other Research Related jobs in Australia
- £80,001 - £90,000 Fixed Term Social Sciences Other Research Related jobs in Australia
- £80,001 - £90,000 Fixed Term Physics & Astronomy Other Research Related jobs in Australia
- £80,001 - £90,000 Fixed Term Chemistry Other Research Related jobs in Australia