Graduate Research Student Administrator
Under the general direction of the Team Leader, Graduate Research Student Management, the Graduate Research Student Administrator (GRSA) provides administrative services to ensure quality of HDR candidature management. To be effective in this position, the incumbent needs to engage with all relevant policies and procedures and guide stakeholders with a particular focus to build capacity in graduate research student management in the Faculties and Schools.
The Graduate Research Student Administrators will be responsible for an identified area of activity, Quality Assurance or Operations, however it is expected that the Administrators will work across both areas as required by the Team Leader Graduate Research Student Management. The Graduate Research Student Administrators may be required to work directly within a particular faculty to facilitate transfer of expert knowledge and in support of efficient administrative processes.
- Provide advice to stakeholders on all aspects of Higher Degree by Research (HDR) candidature management and Postgraduate Research Scholarships (PGRS) in accordance with University policy and procedures
- Conduct quality assurance reviews on the admission of new students and HDR candidature progression milestones and PGRS in accordance with University policy and procedures
- Create initial HDR student records including milestone due dates in the university Graduate Research Student Management system. Handover newly enrolled students to their School of enrolment for Induction and progression management
- Support consistent and efficient administrative processes across campuses through liaison with Student Services and Engagement and Faculty administration
- Contribute to the coordination of research training events for candidates and supervisors in liaison with Student Services and Engagement, Faculties and other departments as appropriate
- Administer show cause and termination processes for HDR candidature in accordance with University policy and procedures
- Maintain the University’s Register of HDR Supervisors, including recording participation in supervision development activities on supervisor’s records and coordinating the annual audit of the register of HDR Supervisors
- Prepare accurate reports from the Research Information Management System as required for the Research Degrees Committee
- Contribute to the review and improvement of relevant policies, procedures and processes by taking initiative and working collaboratively with stakeholders
- Other duties as directed by the Team Leader, Graduate Research Student Management within the range of a position of this classification
- A relevant degree or extensive experience and specialist expertise in all aspects of Higher Degrees by Research with subsequent relevant experience in student administration
- Effective oral and written communication skills, particularly in relation to explaining administrative requirements and processes effectively and preparing clear and concise written materials
- Sound interpersonal skills, including the ability to:
- operate effectively both independently and within teams
- develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff and other key stakeholders
- take initiative and use judgment to solve problems and influence others, as required
- Demonstrated experience in student administration, including the ability to analyse and solve problems and implement and improve administrative systems and processes
- Demonstrated strong computer literacy including experience in using electronic databases, generating reports, analyzing data, and experience maintaining web pages
- Specialist expertise in the administration of higher degree by research candidature.
- Previous experience with RecFind, Research Master, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software (Oracle Service Cloud) and PeopleSoft Student.