Senior Examinations Officer
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Academic Services, University Services
Salary: $77,207 - $83,573 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Senior Examinations Officer is a member of the Graduate Research Team which sits within the Student Enrolment portfolio.
About the role
The role of the Senior Examinations Officer is to provide expert advice and exemplary customer-focused service and administrative functions that support and contribute to the ongoing success in the management of the University's graduate research examinations. This is a complex, very sensitive and highly confidential area and the incumbent must be able to inform and guide external examiners, candidates, professional staff and the academic community on relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and outcomes, and supervise effective administration of the examinations cycle.
The position operates under the general direction of the Graduate Research Examinations Coordinator and resides in the Graduate Research team (Student Enrolment). The Senior Examinations Officer is an excellent communicator with strong attention to detail who provides advice and support on complex and sensitive cases. The incumbent requires a thorough understanding of the policies, procedures and guidelines which govern the University's graduate research degrees.
The University uses an online system to manage its graduate research thesis submissions and examinations and the Senior Examinations Officer is a super-user of this system and plays a key role in providing input and support where system changes and enhancements are needed, such as undertaking User Acceptance Testing.
The Senior Examinations Officer also assists with training, guidance and mentoring of staff and acts for the Graduate Research Examinations Coordinator during any absences.
- A tertiary qualification with relevant experience in a similar administrative role or an equivalent combination of relevant education/training and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to interact tactfully and professionally with internal and external stakeholders who are from a wide range of cultures, languages, levels of the University community.
- The ability to prioritise a range of completing high-priority tasks, manage time effectively, and meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail in a busy environment with frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and flexibly as a team member and independently, displaying initiative and excellent judgement and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 30 October 2016
Position Description & Selection Criteria