4 days left
- Full Time
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Academic Services, University Services
Salary: $66,562 - $76,454 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Student Advisor is a member of the Academic Services portfolio.
About the role
Working within interdependent teams, Student Advisors are responsible for providing first-level enrolment and course planning support, enquiry management, other daily service delivery tasks, and giving general assistance to broad student cohorts across a range of courses.
Services include the provision of information to students, transactional support for online processes and acting as a point of referral to specialist services via Stop 1. The Student Advisor guides and assists students through all stages of the student life cycle, supporting them towards independence and self-direction.
- You will have completed or be progressing towards an undergraduate qualifications in a relevant discipline, and/or equivalent mix of education and relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in enquiries management and customer services in service-orientated organizations;
- Demonstrated experience and an affinity for working within the pressures of a frontline client service across a diverse, multi-cultural client base;
- Demonstrated strengths in problem-solving and critical thinking, coupled with sound judgement;
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 26 Oct 2016
Position Description & Selection Criteria