Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Research, fixed term, full time role
- Excellent salary and working conditions
- Innovative and supportive environment
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
In Macquarie's newly established Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences you'll join leading researchers, passionate educators and internationally respected clinicians, united in a mission towards delivering the best patient care. Home to the Australian Institute of Health Innovation and Australia's first fully integrated academic health sciences centre, we are a place of bold discoveries and distinctive educational programs that embolden the future leaders of healthcare.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
The Precision Cancer Therapy Laboratory at the Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences is seeking a suitably qualified Postdoctoral Research Fellow. Reporting to the Professor in the Precision Cancer Therapy Group you will investigate circulating melanoma-associated DNA/RNA markers, with a particular focus on improving the sensitivity of detection and exploring the clinical applications of circulating DNA and RNA biomarkers. The laboratory has close links with Melanoma Institute Australia.
The appointment will be made either at Level B or Level C, depending on experience and track record.
To be considered, applicants must identify which level of appointment they are applying for and respond to the relevant selection criteria below. Responses must be attached as a separate document in the application process.
- PhD or equivalent in life sciences with relevant experience in molecular and cellular biology (such as: DNA mutagenesis, mammalian cell culture, protein analysis, mammalian gene transfer, quantitative PCR analysis)
- Excellent command of scientific writing
- Proven track record of publications in high quality peer reviewed journals
- Demonstrated ability to present research results at scientific meetings
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a research team
- Experience managing research projects
- Demonstrated independence in the conduct of laboratory research and experience supervising other staff and graduate students
Desirable at Level B, or Essential at Level C:
- Demonstrated success in obtaining research grants
- Experience engaging with industry and philanthropic partners
- Experience in the commercialisation or clinical application of research
Salary Package: from $96,970 - $114,732 p.a. (Level B) or $118,401 - $136,161 p.a. (Level C), plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: full-time, 12 months fixed-term
Specific Role Enquiries: Professor Helen Rizos, Head of Department, Department of Biomedical Sciences, on firstname.lastname@example.org
General Recruitment Enquiries: Daniella Orsekovic at email@example.com
Applications close: Thursday, 20 October 2016 at 11.55pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.