Faculty of Engineering & Information Technologies
Project Management Program
Reference no. 1516/0916
- Provide full range of administrative services for an executive level student cohort
- Leave replacement position
- Full-time fixed term 12 months, remuneration package: $94K p.a. which includes leave loading and up to 17% superannuation
The University of Sydney is Australia's first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. It employs over 7600 permanent staff, supporting over 60,000 students.
The Project Management Program (PMP) is a unit within the School of Civil Engineering, which delivers an undergraduate and postgraduate Project Management academic program The PMP is a Global Accreditation Centre for project management education programs for the Project Management Institute (PMI) in the USA.
We are seeking a Student Coordinator to provide a full range of services to students, academics and industry stakeholders in the context of undergraduate and postgraduate project management coursework programs. Under broad direction of the Program Manager, you will:
- Support the needs of academics in the administration of the academic program
- Ensure PMP related information and advice is clearly communicated to current and prospective students
- Coordinate events and initiatives aimed at building external engagement contribute to the accreditation process for academic awards
- Provide detailed responses to student enquiries
- Support teaching and research activities in the PMP.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- excellent written & verbal communication exercising discretion and tact
- ability to problem solve and initiate new ideas experience in a customer service environment
- highly developed computer skills including use of the Microsoft Office package capacity to organise a high level workload with competing priorities and to work unsupervised
Knowledge of student administration procedures will be highly regarded.
The position is full-time fixed term available for up to twelve months, subject to the completion of a satisfactory probation period for new appointees. The current occupant of this position is on leave and has the right to return to this position on expiration of leave or sooner by giving four weeks’ notice.
Remuneration package: $94K p.a. (which includes a base salary of $79K p.a., leave loading and up to 17% employer’s contribution to superannuation).
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit http://sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number for more information and to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 11:30pm 19 October 2016
The University is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications from equity target groups, including women and people with disabilities are encouraged. As the University of Sydney has established a scheme to increase the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff employed across the institution, applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are also encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.