Fund Accounting Analyst
This position is responsible for fund accounts, such as gifts and endowments. This includes reading, interpreting, and ensuring proper management of funds, according to donor restrictions and Institute policies; and the related general ledger and the Oracle Grants Management module activity. This position works directly with individuals on campus to ensure accuracy of information in individual accounts.
- Prepare and monitor management reporting for use by Division Chairs, Division Administrators, campus staff and finance senior management. Ensure the accuracy of accounting for share of over 3,000 endowment and gift accounts.
- Prepare periodic account reconciliations, reports and related analysis for internal use, and for external auditors.
- Perform research and analysis, as well as ad hoc reporting, and make recommendations for appropriate resulting actions.
- Provide campus support to faculty and staff in the processing and management of various funds, e.g. gifts, grants and endowments, in the Oracle system. This includes account set ups, budget realignments, journal entries, other related transactions, reporting, and close outs where necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to read, understand and interpret award agreements and contracts
- Ability to review compliance with donor agreements, and to advise contacts about requirements, potential risks and concerns
- Ability to clearly interpret Institute policies, procedures and award requirements in varying situations, and to communicate those interpretations effectively to all levels in the organization.
- Ability to perform self-directed research and analysis
- Ability to document conclusions and procedures clearly and concisely
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills, oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines. Flexibility in dealing with changes in approach and/or deliverables
- Ability to work independently and to set priorities among competing demands with minimal supervision under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated attention to detail and focus on accuracy and completeness of work.
- Motivated, self-starter, with strong analytical skills, and a high level of problem solving skills
- Ability to understand business processes, and identify and create improvements toward greater effectiveness and efficiency
- Ability to learn and apply available tools and procedures
- Experience with MS Office programs, particularly Excel, and an understanding of accounting systems is essential
- Experience with Oracle and Cognos
- Experience with Excel advanced functions