This position will provide technical assistance in support of research efforts being carried out by a Faculty Research Group in the Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering.
- Use peptide synthesis, purification, and analysis tools to make and purify peptides
- Handle the ordering of the peptides through the Caltech system
- Prepare simple reagents
- Express certain proteins
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Chemistry
- Experience working in a chemistry and biochemistry laboratory
- Proficient in chemical synthesis and chemical purification methods
- Experience in preparation of simple reagents
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures.
- Excellent attention to details and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a research group.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, bioengineering, or chemical engineering. Some professional experience a plus.
- Proficiency in peptide chemistry a plus