Director of Veterinary Admissions
Description of Work Unit
We improve the health of animals, people, and the planet through innovative and dedicated teaching, research, outreach, and clinical service. Through our actions, we empower the next generation of leaders to change the world.
- The Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences (CVMBS) is seeking a distinguished individual to provide leadership as the Director of Veterinary Admissions.
- The Director of Veterinary Admissions will report to the Associate Dean for Veterinary Academic and Student Affairs (AD-DVM). This individual will provide leadership in DVMadmissions and recruiting, and oversee career education and support to DVM students. Although the position is predominantly administrative, the successful candidate will be encouraged to engage productively in CVMBS teaching and/or service activities.
Required Job Qualifications
- DVM or equivalent professional degree with a minimum of 3 years of academic experience
- Demonstration of professional contribution (research/publications, teaching, service)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Leadership and managerial experience
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Efficient, productive, and experienced user of Microsoft Office or equivalent software
- Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license or access to a licensed driver by the employment start date.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Admissions experience
- Publications relevant to advising, student affairs or admissions
- Active role in professional organizations (AVMA, AAVMC)
- Capacity to gather data and perform trends analyses
- Demonstrated commitment to student advocacy
- Demonstrated ability in crisis management, sound decision making
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.