Description of Work Unit
Lory Dining Services’ mission is to sell a variety of food and beverages in a safe and sanitary environment and for the best possible value to a diverse customer base at Colorado State University.
This position is a fully operational food production assistant position.
To be considered an applicant for this position, candidates MUST have the following:
- 1 full-time year (12 months) experience operating commercial meat slicer, food processor, and other equipment used for high volume food preparation
- Experience working food preparation for large events (200+ people per meal)
A very strong candidate will offer several of the following preferred qualifications:
- 2 years high volume service experience
- 2 years catering delivery experience
- 2 years experience working with presentation in a large scale food production environment
Job Duty Category Production Assistant
Duties include preparing food trays to include: Fresh baked pastries, fruit displays, meat trays using the deli slicer. Assist culinary team with hot food production, equipment mise en place, peeling, slicing, dicing, mincing, chopping vegetables & fruits.
Percentage Of Time 35
Job Duty Category Safety/Sanitation
Ability to monitor chemicals for food safety/dish machine, maintain requisition forms for ordering needs. Checking PH levels of sanitizing solution, and training in hot temperature sanitization standards. Monitor food safety equipment, and providing self-inspection.
Percentage Of Time 35
Job Duty Category Work Leader/Beverage Analyst
Contribute to team by providing leadership through process explanation & information dissemination. Be a resource by advising others to problem solve, and take care of guests ever changing needs. Keep up with trends in food service industry, and be able to disseminate information to associates. Advising culinary team of changes made to standard menus.Work with catering director or catering manager to fill alcoholic beverage orders, and help to disseminate TIPS safety information to the staff along with alcohol service practices including inventory counts, measurements, set-up and breakdown of banquet bars.
Percentage Of Time 30
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
- Clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the “Work Experience” section on the application. We must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
- Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that we can calculate full-time experience.
- The APPLICATION is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
- If an Application is considered “Incomplete”, the application will be removed from consideration for the position.
- An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- An Application is incomplete if “see resume” (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening. **Please see the “Required Documents” section of the posting.
- Resumes will not be accepted in place of a complete application; however, resumes may still be required as a component of complete application materials.
- The selection process for State Classified positions may include an exam(s), which often requires candidates to physically appear (at the CSU campus in Fort Collins, CO) at the candidates’ own expense.
- All status updates for this position will be sent via email from email@example.com. In addition to your Inbox, remember to check in your Junk and Deleted folders for these important communications.
- Pertinent updates to your application status can be obtained by logging into your application account at https://jobs.colostate.edu
1) Multiple ways to login:
- Enter your Username and Password on the home page to login,
- Click on Login (in the upper left-hand corner) – then Login (Under Apply without Vitae),
- or Click on Returning Applicant – then Login (under Apply without Vitae)
2) Select “Your Applications” in order to display all the applications you have submitted to open positions as well as the following:
- You can view the Status of your application for each position
- You can withdraw your application from consideration
- You can view the job posting for the position you applied
- You can archive the application once the position has been filled
DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
- Please check the “Help” link online at https://jobs.colostate.edu/help/ for assistance on your application or for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- All other inquiries should be directed to the Colorado State University Human Resources Office at the main phone line: 970-491-MyHR (6947).
Conditions of Employment
Shift Work - Early mornings, nights, weekends, Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Employment and Appeal Rights
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination. Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director’s Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director’s Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you willing and able to submit to a pre-employment background check that may include, but is not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history as a condition of hire?
- * This position requires working various shifts, including early mornings, evenings and weekends. Are you available and willing to work these various shifts?
- * Please describe your Purchasing experience. Include information detailing processes you put in place to consistently ensure document accuracy, and fiscal compliance.
(Open Ended Question)
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- List of Professional References
- Veteran DD214 Form (Member-4) (For State Classified searches ONLY)