Full-Stack Web Developer
Description of Work Unit
CSU Online, Division of Continuing Education, is a self-supporting unit that develops and delivers quality programs and educational opportunities in support of the University’s land grant mission. CSU Online provides affordable access to a quality education from wherever students call home around the nation and the world, on a schedule that fits their lives. CSU Online offers 39 degrees, online and at a distance, as well as credit and noncredit courses, certificate programs, and digital badges.
CSU Online, under the Division of Continuing Education (DCE), seeks a front-end web developer with full-stack experience. This position plays a key role planning, developing, and maintaining websites, applications, and middleware solutions throughout the organization. The right candidate will contribute to a dynamic environment and work closely with other members of the Research & Analytics team, which includes database engineers, web and applications developers, instructional designers, and learning analysts, to develop cutting-edge solutions for web applications, Learning Technology Interoperability (LTI) applications for Canvas, academic and learning analytics, and digital reporting tools.
The successful candidate will apply his/her Web-development expertise to support, both directly and indirectly, staff, faculty and students, to advance the Division’s business operations and strategies, as part of delivering quality education at a distance. Reflecting departmental and institutional values, the successful candidate is expected to advance CSU commitment to diversity and inclusion.
This Web Developer position reports to the Lead Web Developer and is part of the Research & Analytics unit of the Division of Continuing Education (DCE), with the Office of Engagement at Colorado State University. This position will work collaboratively within the Web team to improve DCE’s web site and carry out and support operations.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s from an accredited university;
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience with front- and back-end web development, covering the following core skills:
- C#, ASP.NET MVC, and the .NET framework;
- Object-oriented design and development patterns;
- Understanding of the software development life-cycle and best practices, including version control;
- Database design and SQL best practices (e.g., SQL Server);
- In-depth knowledge of web standards, usability, and accessibility;
- Understanding of basic web design principles;
- Ability to communicate technical information to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, or a closely-related technical field.
- Experience with:
- Git (you should be able to rebase and merge with confidence);
- CSS preprocessors (e.g., Sass);
- Designing and developing RESTful APIs;
- Google’s suite of web analytics and optimization tools (e.g., Google Tag Manager, Universal Analytics, etc.);
- Developing cross-browser solutions with responsive/adaptive web techniques;
- Microsoft Entity Framework or other ORM tool; and,
- Content management systems (e.g., Sitefinity).
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.