Payroll Accounting Technician (Accounting Technician III)
6 days left
- Full Time
Description of Work Unit
The work unit exists to compensate employees of Colorado State University, while ensuring deductions, reconciliations and vendor file transmissions are accurate and complete. This includes recording all transactional processing in the University financial reporting system for payroll related responsibilities. Work unit responsibilities include: Insurance and retirement program deductions and file remittances as applicable, garnishments, time and effort reporting, liens, court ordered actions, state and federal reporting and other corresponding functions.
This position exists to ensure adequate payroll technician support is provided for payroll processing, payroll transactional entries and payroll reconciliations. All payroll duties will be performed in accordance with Desk Reference Manual criteria and accounting principles defined by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) under the direction of the Payroll Unit Manager.
Applicants must have the following to be considered for this position:
- Three full-time years (36 months) of technical accounting experience.
Two years of college, university or non-correspondence business school which included eighteen (18) semester credit hours of accounting can substitute for up to two years of the required experience.
NOTE: In order for education to substitute for experience, you must attach a copy of your unofficial transcripts to the application.
A highly desired candidate will possess some or all of the following:
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field of study.
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills specifically Excel Spreadsheets and report generation.
- Experience working in a professional environment that demanded organization, prioritization, and the ability to meet critical deadlines with an extreme attention to detail.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think critically and identify areas within payroll processing where improvement or efficiency may be accomplished.
- Certified Payroll Professional.
- Payroll experience within a large organization (500+ employees).
- Experience working with multi-state payroll.