Teaching Support Officer - ASSC
- Support the establishment and maintenance of blended and online learning
- Full-Time, continuing role based at our Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $71,257 - $77,131 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2016), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
In this role you will provide day-to-day operational support to academic staff in the establishment and maintenance of blended and online learning environments. You will provide training, advice and assistance to academic staff with limited skills in online teaching to set up effective online and blended learning environments. You will apply professional and quality service standards which focus on improving teaching and learning in online environments and create and build self-help guides and resources to assist staff. You will apply your expertise and judgement to make decisions where solutions are not obvious. You will also be reposnible for the delivery of professional services to meet the needs of staff and assist the College and the University to achieve teaching and learning goals and targets.
You will possess demonstrated evidence of the following:
- An undergraduate degree with at least 3 years subsequent experience in educational design and/or technology enhanced learning;
- Demonstrated breadth of expertise in the provision of support for blended and online teaching and learning developed through extensive and effective relevant experience;
- Demonstrated ability to gain a conceptual understanding of teaching and learning policies, procedures and systems and interpret and apply these in different disciplinary contexts;
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of effective advice, coaching and motivation of academic staff;
- Proven analytical and problem solving capability, including the ability to innovate and take responsibility for outcomes;Knowledge of Learning Management Systems, ePortfolio Systems, virtual classroom technology and other commonly used educational technologies.
Benefits: Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 30 October 2016
Position Enquiries: Ken Johnson, Senior Coordinator Teaching Support & Design (ASSC), College Education ASSC + 61 3 9479 1907 /
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
This position is open to people with valid full-time working rights in Australia.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Kerryn Harbert, Recruitment Advisor +61 3 9479 1623.