VE Teacher, Interior Decoration & Design
- Seeking 3x VE Teachers (full-time or part-time) in Interior Design & Decoration
- Teacher salary range: $67,519 - $85,613 p.a plus Super
- Fixed term contract until Dec 2017, based at RMIT's CBD campus
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The School of Architecture and Design is a multi-disciplinary design school. We understand design practice as an agent of cultural change within an increasingly complex and cosmopolitan world. We emphasise the activity of designing as research and understand research as an integrated component of scholarship. The School's vocational education and sub-degree programs are highly considered for their quality and industry focus.
The School is requiring a number of energetic and motivated people to undertake various roles, both full time and part time, in the highly regarded area of Interior Decoration and Design, from Certificate IV and Diploma, through to the Associate Degree level. The successful candidates will have experience in teaching in the area of Vocational Education, and will also have a strong industry understanding of both residential and commercial Interior Decoration and Design.
You will have a strong industry knowledge of soft furnishing, the associated scheduling and documentation understanding for decoration practice. Supporting this your skills will include briefing to concept development, schematic design and documentation scheduling and sound knowledge of Materials, Finishes and FF&E. Also an underpinning knowledge of current visual communication and presentation skills, including competent skills in freehand drawing, drafting, Photoshop and AutoCAD.
It is expected that you will have the capacity to effectively coordinate curriculum areas and work effectively in the teaching team to deliver distinctive and leading education and training in Interior Decoration and Design. You will work closely with related industry groups as well as developing strong internal relationships with other areas within the university.
A diploma qualification in Interior Design and Decoration or a bachelor degree in Interior Design or an equivalent qualification in another directly related discipline is essential.
Highly developed IT skills and proficiency in a range of digital software related to the Interior Design and Decoration areas is required.
- To be considered for this position, it is essential that candidates possess a Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (TAE40110).
- For appointment at a classification of Teacher 3.1 or above, the appointee must hold a professional teaching qualification, defined as a qualification at Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Level 5 Diploma or above which includes supervised teaching practice and studies in teaching methodology or equivalent qualification accepted by the University.
- Appointment to this position is also subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
To view a Position Description please go to this link http://yourcareer.rmit.edu.au/caw/en/listing and enter job ref # 554834 or for confidential queries, please contact Nancy Everingham, School of Architecture and Design on +61 39925 4511.
Applications close at 11:55 pm on Sunday 30th October 2016.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.