Professor of Medicine
Nepean Clinical School, Sydney Medical School
Reference no. 344/0216
We are currently seeking a Professor of Medicine to be responsible for the success of both the clinical and academic components of the Division of Medicine at Nepean Hospital and Sydney Medical School Nepean.
As Professor of Medicine, you will:
- show evidence of outstanding academic scholarship and achievement in addition to a strong clinical background
- have a strong track-record of sustained external research funding
- have a national and international reputation and provide mentorship for a growing research division
- be responsible for achieving clinical excellence and maintaining financial viability of the division under the direction of the Clinical Director of Medicine and in conjunction with the Director of Medical Services
- provide leadership in the development, implementation and promotion of medical programs at Nepean Hospital designed to deliver patient care that is safe, personal, coordinated and of the highest quality and value
- collaborate with the Division of Medicine and across other divisions and departments to develop annual and long-term plans for improving health care quality, safety, process improvement and value
- have demonstrated experience and knowledge of strategic planning and financial management including budgets, operations improvement, and health system development and management
- have demonstrated experience in promoting a culture that is collaborative, team oriented, and one that respects the skill sets and opinions of all faculty and staff
- hold relevant qualifications - medical degree, higher degree, FRACP, PhD.
The Professor of Medicine incorporates a substantive support package which includes a Research Assistant, Administration Assistant, and access to funding from the Sydney Medical School Foundation and Nepean Medical Research Fund. The position offers the opportunity to participate in a unique research ecosystem, with access to the research infrastructures of the Charles Perkins Centre, Brain and Mind Centre and the Professor Marie Bashir Centre as part of the academic component of the appointment. There is also scope to occupy 0.1 FTE at the University’s Camperdown Campus.
Research activities at Sydney Medical School Nepean encompass access to wet-laboratories; collaborations with the University’s engineering and information technologies, nursing and dentistry faculties; clinical research; and epidemiological studies in an ethnic population that is representative of the Australian population in its entirety.
The appointment is on a full-time continuing basis, subject to the completion of a satisfactory probation period for new appointees, and a competitive salary package will be negotiated with the successful applicant. Membership of a University approved superannuation scheme is a condition of appointment.
For more information on the position, faculty and University, please request the candidate brochure by contacting Ms Nicole Pearson, Recruitment Administrator – Senior Academic, at email@example.com
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number for more information and to apply.
Closing Date: 11.30pm 27 November 2016 (Sydney time)
The University is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications from equity target groups, including women and people with disabilities are encouraged. As the University of Sydney has established a scheme to increase the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff employed across the institution, applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are also encouraged.
© The University of Sydney