Full time, Permanent
Academic Services Division
Portfolio and Assurance Team
Ara Institute of Canterbury is a vibrant and progressive tertiary institute providing world-class, tertiary-level education throughout the Canterbury and Waitaki region. Ara was created in 2016 when education providers CPIT and Aoraki Polytechnic merged, bringing together two well-established organisations and over 200 years of collective experience and success.
Our talented staff, innovative business collaborators and supportive community partners are passionate about the role they play in our students' success.
We are seeking an experienced and energetic Academic Advisor to join our Portfolio and Assurance Team. This permanent job involves providing academic advice to departments and the development of programmes of study for Ara Institute of Canterbury.
The Academic Services Division works in partnership with other Divisions and organisations to ensure the core functions of Ara, teaching, learning and student outcomes are of the highest quality through best practice in delivery of products; qualification design, student pathways, learning programmes, resources, pedagogy and assessment practice.
- Develop programmes of study based on New Zealand qualifications
- Ensure Ara programmes continue to meet NZQA and TEC regulations
- Advise departments on policy implementation and monitoring
- Advise departments on compliance for moderation and consistency arrangements.
Skills / Experience
The following will contribute significantly to your success in the role:
- Formal tertiary qualifications
- Teaching qualification and experience at tertiary level
- Demonstrated abilities in programme approval process including reviewing the work of others
- Experience and understanding of implementing NZQA and/or TEC regulations
- Experience in developing and implementing moderation processes
- Excellent eye for detail
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
If you meet these requirements and are keen to play a role in developments in learning and teaching at Ara, then we would like to hear from you. In return, we offer a chance to join a dedicated, knowledgeable and reinvigorated team in a dynamic work environment.
We offer and encourage professional and skill development. Enjoy excellent employment conditions, a great central city location and access to modern on-site facilities including gym/recreation centre with free staff yoga and group fitness sessions, library, Visions on Campus Restaurant, two childcare centres and a health centre.
We accept applications via our online application system. For a job description and to apply online please visit http://www.ara.ac.nz/about-us/work-at-ara. Any questions should be directed to Human Resources on 03 940 8623 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Sunday, 23 October 2016.