Instructional Design Officer
- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Fixed Term Contract - 2 years
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences (ECMS) is one of the five faculties at the University of Adelaide. ECMS comprises seven schools and two Research Centres and is responsible for servicing the needs of over 5000 students and has an annual budget of approximately $140 million. ECMS is responsible for teaching a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs, as well as conducting research in all disciplines. ECMS has recently embarked on an ambitious transformation program with the aim of creating an innovative, agile Faculty that is recognised for leadership in education, research and global engagement.
The Faculty's Student and Learning Services team is entrusted to work in partnership with our students and academic staff to enable an excellent academic experience, providing support to innovative learning and teaching practices, to thereby produce world-class graduates who will be the industry thought leaders of tomorrow
Working under limited direction the Instructional Design Officer actively supports teaching staff to design and implement online and active learning course content, offering expertise in learning technologies, and external and internal best practices in order to achieve targeted learning outcomes.
Salary: (HEO7) $80,864.00 - $90,516.00 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 9.5% applies
Term of position: This fixed-term contract is available immediately for a period of 2 years.
To be successful you should have:
- Demonstrated experience in instructional design in a higher education environment.
- Demonstrated expertise using emerging technologies, principles, concepts and methodologies in the learning technologies field.
- Experience in synthesising large amounts of information, both qualitative and quantitative, and in preparing written reports.
- Demonstrated experience communicating, both verbally and in writing, in a succinct, professional and responsive manner to deliver student centric results.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple tasks with competing deadlines, developing and implementing processes and plans to achieve defined outcomes, and solving problems in an innovative and creative manner.
- Experience in project management, effectively delivering on targeted outcomes.
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria / 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Lachlan Coleman, Student & Learning Services Manager, Telephone: 08 8313 5435 or email: Lachlan.email@example.com.
To obtain a copy of the Position Description, please visit the University of Adelaide Job opportunities page via this link: http://careers.adelaide.edu.au/cw/en/listing/
Closing date: 11.55pm Sunday 23rd October
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.