Senior Research Fellow
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Optometry and Vision Science
- is one of five Schools in Australia, and the only School in New South Wales
- graduates 40% of the new optometrists in Australia making it the largest Australian School
- is involved in a diverse range of research areas and collaborations
- operates its own UNSW Optometry Clinic on the Kensington Campus
About the role
- $119K-$137 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Fixed Term for three years
- Full time or part time negotiable
The Eye Research Group (ERG) within the School of Optometry and Vision Science, UNSW, is a research group comprising academic staff, professional staff and higher degree research students that works closely with international and national industry partners to evaluate and develop innovative eye care products.
The ERG performs research studies in the areas of contact lenses, contact lens care products, dry eyes, intra-ocular and spectacle lenses, microbiology and cell biology and eye infection and inflammation.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- High level leadership and management skills.
- PhD in relevant discipline.
- Qualification enabling therapeutic registration as an optometrist in Australia.
- Extensive experience in conducting clinical trials and of national and international industry collaborations
- Experience in leading a research group
- Proven ability of research achievement and track record of successful collaborations evidenced by grants, reports, conference presentations and publications,
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Professor Fiona Stapleton, Head of School
T: (61 2) 9385 4375
Applications close: 1 November 2016 (11:59pm AEST)