Research Integrity Officer
- One of Australia’s leading research intensive universities
- Part of the UNSW Research Integrity Unit
- Promoting the highest standards of research integrity at UNSW
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work
About the role
- Salary: UNSW Level 8: $98K - A$110K per year (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Appointment Type: This is a full-time (35 hours per week) continuing position
As a leading research intensive university we are committed to world-leading research of the highest ethical standards and integrity, across the full spectrum of arts, built environment, business, design, law, social sciences, engineering, medicine and science. This role is part of the Research Integrity Unit (established less than 12 months) and will be vital in championing the responsible conduct of research at UNSW.
As Research Integrity Officer you will:
- Provide case management of complaints or concerns of research misconduct, and manage the investigation of allegations in accordance with UNSW’s policies and procedures.
- Be up to date with best practice policies and procedures in the responsible conduct of research
- Ensure UNSW meets its obligations under relevant national and international research integrity frameworks, agreements, laws and regulations.
About the successful applicant
In addition to your substantial experience in investigating and resolving complaints or grievances, you will have a track record of being organised and analytical, as well as the proven ability to handle and maintain workplace confidentiality, tact and sound judgment, and a proven ability to communicate effectively and build solid relationships at all levels of the organisation.
Selection Criteria: If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, you should systematically address the selection criteria found in the position description. Please apply online.
UNSW Australia is one of the country's leading research and teaching universities. Established in 1949, it is ranked among the top 50 universities in the world, renowned for the quality of its graduates and its world class research.
UNSW is a founding member of the Group of Eight (Go8) research intensive Universities in Australia, a member of the prestigious international network Universitas21 (U21), Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU), and Global Alliance of Technological Universities (Globaltech). With more than 50,000 students from over 120 countries, it is one of Australia’s most cosmopolitan universities.
David Do, Manager Research Integrity Unit
T: +61 2 9385 2784
Applications close: 26 October 2016