Senior Research Scientist
This position is for a research scientist in the Thomson lab to lead the droplet based mRNA-seq experimental platform and application of platform to control of neuron and glial sub-type specification. Critically, the research scientist will train and mentor members of the Thomson lab in project design, experimental techniques related to high-throughput droplet sequencing, and data analysis. The scientist will also work with broader members of the Caltech community on collaborative projects.
- Construction and transfer of experimental infrastructure and protocols for high-throughout single cell sequencing at Caltech.
- Application of infrastructure to understand and control neural and glia sub-type specification.
- Training and mentoring of graduate students in design and analysis of large scale single cell experiments.
- Working with group leader to identify and apply for grants related to single cell profiling and its application to neural and glia diversification.
- BS and PhD in a bioengineering, biophysics, or related subject.
- Strong experience training and mentoring graduate students.
- Deep experience with single cell mRNA-seq and other single cell technologies.
- Background and experience in neural sub-type specification.
- Post-doctoral fellowship. Experience with writing NIH style research grants.
Supervisory position? No Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date 10/11/2016
Posting Close Date Open Until Filled No
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about “EEO is the Law” click here: EEO is the Law
Special Instructions to Applicants Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a BS and PhD in a bioengineering, biophysics, or related subject?
- * Do you have strong experience training and mentoring graduate students?
- * Do you have deep experience with single cell mRNA-seq and other single cell technologies?
- * Do you have background and experience in neural sub-type specification?
Documents Needed to Apply Required Documents
- Cover Letter