First Year Coordinator
- Design and coordinate orientation, transition and engagement programs and activities for commencing students
- Full-Time, fixed term contract until 31.12.17, Melbourne (Bundoora) location
- $78,628 - $86,814 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2016), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Manager, College Education, the First Year Coordinator plays a critical role in the development and coordination of programs and activities that support the successful transition into the University and helps students engage effectively with University life and their course. In particular, this role will be responsible for the orientation program specific to the College of Science, Health and Engineering. This involves working closely with academic and administrative staff as well as other stakeholders to design and coordinate orientation, transition and engagement events to ensure objectives are met.
Skills & Experience
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- a degree in any relevant area with at least 4 years subsequent experience in higher education or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- demonstrated understanding of academic and social issues faced by first year students from diverse backgrounds.
- demonstrated ability to formulate and implement original, innovative and effective strategies to improve the first year student experience.
- excellent oral and written communication skills with the capacity to work collaboratively and cooperative in diverse teams.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Tuesday, 25 October 2016 by 11.00pm AEST.
Position Enquiries: Laurie Ransom, TEL: 9479 1279, Email:
Please address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 03 9479 1241 or