Web Developer/Senior Web Developer
The University of Queensland Library
At the University of Queensland Library we work with cutting edge technology and only look to make our platform better each day! Servicing up to 70K users each day the Library provides a range of services to its customers, maintaining traditional library services as well as implementing new technologies in service delivery and the provision of information skills programs to a variety of clients. The Library is a major user of information technology within The University of Queensland, and designs, develops and hosts a number of very heavily used web applications critical to the UQ scholarly experience.
The Successful appointee will design, develop, build and support leading edge and elegant features and applications that benefit a large and diverse community of users. You will become part of a highly motivated development team.
As a Web Developer / Senior web developer, you will:
- Undertake the design, development, documentation and management of significant IT projects
- Diagnose, document and respond to very complex problems and faults
- Work as an integral part of the DevOps team
- Mentor, assist and train other developers (HEW 7 Senior Developer)
Our platform is built on industry-leading technologies resulting in a robust and highly maintainable software stack:
- Core back-end technologies include PHP, Laravel
- Core front-end technologies include AngularJS, PolymerJS, HTML5, CSS3
- Interoperability technologies include SOAP, JSON, REST, SAML, XML, LDAP
- Continuous integration and deployment uses PHPUnit, BeHat, NightwatchJS, Web Component Tester, SauceLabs, Selenium, NewRelic, Codeship with Docker support
- Web services layer is deployed to Amazon EC2 ECS and frontend is deployed to S3, AWS Aurora and DynamoDB for database support
See position description for the full duties.
This position is broad-banded across HEW Levels 6 and 7. Applicants will need to assess their qualifications and experience against the relevant HEW Level Selection Criteria and then nominate the HEW Level they are applying for and address the associated criteria.
You will have a relevant Degree or equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training as well as demonstrated strong expertise in web development using PHP. You will have significant experience with some of: PHP, MySQL, Smarty, JQuery, Github, Amazon Web Services, Continuous Delivery, Behaviour Driven Design, Behat, Agile Project Methodologies and collaboration with Open Source communities. You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to work to objectives either independently or as a member of a small team. See the selection criteria for further requirements.
The University of Queensland values diversity and inclusion.
Applications are particularly encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
This is a continuing full time appointment (36:15 hours per week) at HEW Level 6 or 7. The remuneration package will be in the range $72,045.70 - $86,950.63 p.a., plus employer superannuation contributions of 17% (total package will be in the range $84,293.47 - $101,732.23 p.a.). For an appointment of a Senior Web Developer, an attractive remuneration package may be negotiated upon appointment and will be commensurate with the successful applicant's qualifications and experience.
The University of Queensland also has a wide range of benefits that enhance the working environment and the lives of UQ employees. UQ can offer flexible working arrangements and highly competitive leave options. At UQ staff have access to a broad range of professional and career development schemes to enhance knowledge and skills.
To discuss this role please contact Janna Malikova on 07 334 69886 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit an application for this role, use the Apply button below.
All applicants must supply the following documents:
- Resume and
- A response addressing your suitability to the Selection Criteria (no more than two pages).
For information on completing the application process click here.