Financial Markets Chair in Paediatric Population Health
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Women’s & Children’s Health is comprised of the disciplines of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics and the National Perinatal and Epidemiology and Statistics Unit (NPESU). The School provides undergraduate and postgraduate medical education, significant and expert clinical services across its subspecialties and has a strong research focus across the multiple disciplines.
About the role
- $183K plus $32K Clinical Loading (17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Fixed Term for 5 years (Convertible Tenure Track appointment)
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Professor in Paediatric Population Health will provide academic leadership and contribute, with vision and innovation, to improve the health, well-being and development of the most vulnerable children in Australian society through child health equity research translation and teaching in the Discipline of Paediatrics within the School of Women’s & Children’s Health. The appointee will also participate, and take a leadership role, in activities in the Department of Community Child Health at Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick. It is also envisaged that the appointee will have an affiliation with the Ingham Institute in Liverpool.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- A record of outstanding leadership and achievements in learning, teaching and supervision at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in a University or professional setting in addressing inequity in child health, improving the health of priority populations and social justice
- Demonstrated clinical credibility and capacity to lead and engage with clinicians in an academic, clinical and population health setting
- A PhD in a relevant discipline and/or a higher degree equivalent to an MD or DMed.
- Eligibility for medical registration in Australia and possession of FRACP or equivalent specialty qualification with experience in child population health and/or community child health to address inequities in child health
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Professor Adam Jaffe, Head of Paediatrics
School of Women's & Chlidren's Health
T: (61 2) 9382 1799
Applications close: 25 November 2016