Manager, Research Performance Reporting
HEW 9, $100,904 - $104,982 per annum plus 17% employer superannuation contribution. This is a full time ( 36.75 hours per week) Continuing contract.
- Work with a dynamic and professional team and use your data management experience in a collaborative and innovative way to enable research performance reporting for the University
- Supportive and positive work environment
- Located at our Footscray Park Campus
About the Organisation
Victoria University aims to be a great university of the 21st century by being inclusive rather than exclusive. We champion the student, not the institution. As the university of opportunity and success, we will be open and excellent, creating exceptional value for any student from any background and uplifting the communities in which we operate. Victoria University has a distinctive dual-sector structure, supporting stronger education and career pathways. The university aspires to deliver a learning and teaching experience that empowers a diversity of students to grow their capabilities and transform their lives for the better. In our research we take an applied and translational approach to contribute to healthier, smarter and sustainable communities in the West of Melbourne and beyond, and through this connect deeply with our industries and the communities..
About the Role
The overall purpose of the Manager, Research Performance Reporting is to manage the systems and processes that deliver the University’s research performance reporting requirements to: inform University strategy and operations, determine funding from government sources; and participate in external research ranking and evaluation systems.
About the Person
You will have extensive experience as a high level user or manager of information management systems and demonstrated database and report development capabilities. In this role you will be able to work with limited supervision under broad institutional direction to deliver outcomes that will influence management decisions as well as institutional rankings, reputation and funding. Significant experience and in depth knowledge is required to develop sophisticated solutions to problems that may impact on individual academic staff as well as institutional matters concerning the research performance of the University. Demonstrate significant responsibility, judgment, commitment, planning and initiative. Independent decision-making is required together with collaborative decision making with the Director, Office for Research.
An example of duties you will perform:
- Lead the development of strategies and plans for research information architecture, research management systems, research data and materials management systems, underpinning the University’s strategic research activities
- Lead, manage and develop the team responsible for maintaining the University's research management information systems and delivering timely and accurate research performance reports.
- Develop and implement sustainable approaches to research performance analysis and reporting so as to enable University research leaders to monitor and identify key factors affecting performance.
- Positive and supportive team environment
- Salary sacrifice options
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Paid study leave
- On-site gym, parking and more!
How to apply:
For a Position Description and to submit an application please visit our website www.vu.edu.au/jobs
Applications must be submitted as a single document comprising;
- A cover letter
- Your CV
- Your responses to the selection criteria listed in the Position Description
Please note: Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.