LASALLE College of the Arts is at the leading edge of contemporary arts education in Asia and works in close partnership with GOLDSMITHS, University of London, which validates its degree programmes and collaborates on teaching exchanges and research initiatives. Under its President, Professor Steve Dixon, LASALLE has set an agenda for excellence to bring the College to the forefront of international arts pedagogy, practice and research.
PROGRAMME LEADER (DIPLOMA IN ANIMATION)
The Puttnam School of Film & Animation seeks to appoint a Programme Leader for the Diploma in Animation programme. Reporting to the Head of School, you will be responsible for the academic leadership and management of the programme with the aim to achieve students’ learning outcomes.
Both the Diploma and undergraduate animation programmes aim to provide students with the theoretical and technical skills necessary to develop and produce a wide range of character animation and techniques. Through an environment of exploration, the programme inculcates the importance of excellence through systematic development and application of technical skills for production, ultimately to produce short animated films.
Your key responsibilities include overseeing the curriculum and its development, the planning and co-ordination of classes and managing students’ performances and productions relevant to the programme. You will ensure high levels of quality assurance to meet the academic standards of the validating partner and the College. You will also manage the programme efficiently within the allotted resources and budget, which includes selection and management of part-time staff. In addition to the academic administration, the Programme Leader also undertakes teaching in the programme.
As Programme Leader you will also provide strong and active commitment to the encouragement and furtherance of staff professional development, practice and research, and we encourage applications from individuals with an established professional practice.
• Postgraduate qualification, preferably PhD or equivalent
• At least 10 years of tertiary-level teaching experience with knowledge of Higher Education Quality Assurance Framework and at least 5 years of full-time professional experience as 2D Character Animator with sound technical knowledge to teach a broad range of subjects related to 2D animation production
• At least 7 years or the equivalent in course/programme management and the supervision and development of teaching staff
• Substantial knowledge and extensive experience of academic framework of higher education in arts institutions
• Knowledge of contextualizing academic programme content and curriculum development to fulfill requirements of accreditation and for programme enhancement
• Proven ability in managing curriculum planning, programme budget and programme delivery
• Teacher training qualification is an advantage.
• Good analytical and communication skills
• Ability to engage students through a range of delivery modes
• Ability to work well as a member of a team and collaborate with colleagues at all levels
• Good pastoral care skills would be advantageous.
• A positive attitude to research in performance and educational fields, and preferably a personal research profile and able to mentor emerging researchers
Please submit your letter of interest, curriculum vitae indicating current and expected salary, and indicating clearly the position you are applying, by e-mail to: email@example.com or in writing (stating clearly the position applying in the envelope) to:
Director - Division of Human Resources
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street, Singapore 187940
Closing date is 7 November 2016 OR until position is filled.
Information on the Institution can be found at www.lasalle.edu.sg
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.