Study Abroad Coordinator
Macquarie is the University of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Macquarie International (MI) is responsible for the design and delivery, in partnership with faculties, of the University's global engagement across student recruitment, academic pathways and collaborations, and strategic partnerships.
Reporting to the Director, Global Engagement and Business Development, and the Regional Manager North America the Study Abroad Coordinator is an exciting and varied role that ensures the inbound study abroad program is managed in accordance with the vision of the Global Engagement and Business Development team.
- Work with the on-shore and off-shore Global Engagement and Business Development team members to ensure that Macquarie's inbound, fee-paying study abroad program is appropriately marketed and incoming student numbers grow.
- Manage the design and implementation of promotional and engagement activities
- Act as a key contact for all internal and external stakeholders relating to.the study abroad program.
- Liaise and collaborate with internal staff and external partners including agencies and institutional partners to ensure the smooth running of the study abroad program.
- Coordinate the development of the program and study innovations, such as internships or specialised study certificates
- Coordinate and manage the administrative systems and processes for the study abroad program.
- Provide case management support to students where issues arise in the study abroad program.
- Comply with relevant EEO and WHS regulations and stay abreast of Commonwealth policy and legislation as it applies to international education.
- Perform any other duties as required and as appropriate for the incumbent's level of competence.
- Represent the University overseas (approximately 1-2 trips a year) and interstate as required
- Partake in occasional out of hours and weekend work as required
To be considered for this position, candidates must submit as part of their application, a brief, separate document responding to the selection criteria below:
- Degree in international studies, marketing and/or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated marketing and business development skills and relevant experience, preferably in international education and inbound study programs
- Demonstrated skill in evaluating information and data to solve problems and make decisions
- Demonstrated interpersonal and liaison skills in building constructive relationships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, including the ability to make effective presentations and produce high quality written documents, promotional materials and reports
- Demonstrated initiative and drive, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience working or studying in an international environment
- Knowledge of a second language
Salary Package: $77,894 – 85,982 (level 6) plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Types: Full-time continuing position.
Specific Role Enquires: Lea-Anne Allen, Regional Manager, North America, email@example.com
Applications Close: Wednesday 11:55pm, 26 October 2016