Student Recruitment Officer
Are you an accomplished Business Development or Account Manager looking to move to the Higher Education sector? We are seeking an enthusiastic relationship manager with strong sales skills to represent the University of Tasmania across Sydney. This is a great opportunity to apply your skills, knowledge and experience to connect prospective students to our world class University.
The Student Recruitment Officer plays a critical role in the implementation of the University's domestic student recruitment strategy and is accountable for achieving domestic student recruitment performance targets through a broad range of activities.
In the role you will:
- Implement recruitment and sales strategies for engaging prospective students in new and existing domestic markets
- Develop and maintain relationships with prospective students and their key influencers (e.g. Parents, Careers Advisors, etc.) through a range of activities including individual one-to-one interviews, group presentations, inbound and outbound phone calls and email
- Host and attend events, effectively communicate and sell all University and Institute courses and associated elements, including UTAS College, High Achiever Program, accommodation, scholarships and the University application processes.
- Contribute to the development of recruitment strategies and content development of promotional materials including promotional literature, videos, websites and presentations
- Play a lead role in staffing key internal and external University events including the University's annual Open Day, Information evenings, Change of Preference activities and School Careers Expos
You will be employed on a Fixed Term 12 month, fractional basis (3 days per week).
To be considered, you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in sales, marketing, management or relevant field or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Demonstrated experience in individual, solution selling in a customer-oriented environment
- Demonstrated experience in customer service in a large-scale ICT environment
- Strong organisation and time-management skills, together with a demonstrated ability to work with competing demands, prioritise work tasks and be flexible in responding to changing work priorities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to confidently present to executives and influence outcomes at all levels and walks of life
- Current driver's licence
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 6 and will have a total remuneration package of (pro rata) up to $88,484 comprising base salary within the range of $73,913 to $ 80,807 plus 9.5% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Rory Wilson, Student Recruitment Manager, / 03 6226 1912.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria.
Applications close Monday, 24 October 2016