Lecturer in Sociology
Lecturer in Sociology
Duties & Responsibilities
The Department of Social Sciences, Sociology Program, at Qatar University, Doha, invites applications for a full time position at the level of lecturer in Sociology to begin in August2016. The position is three years renewable. We are seeking a broadly trained sociologist with demonstrated teaching excellence and a commitment to scholarship.
Candidates should be committed to excellence in teaching and capable of involving undergraduate students in their research program. Candidates must be ABD or have a Ph.D. in Sociology to be considered. Preference will be given to candidates with strong quantitative and/or qualitative research skills who have a track record of excellent publication and possess the potential and willingness to collaborate with faculty within and across departmental divisions. Priority will be given to candidates who are fluent in both Arabic and English and have the potential to attract extramural funding.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
1. Teach courses to undergraduate students in Arabic
2. Advise undergraduate students
3.Collaborate with faculty on research within and across departments
4. Provide service to the department, university, profession, and community
5. Publishing peer-reviewed journals.
6. Seek and obtain extramural funding.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
1. Excellent teaching record
2. Track record publication
3. Strong quantitative and/or qualitative research skills
1. ABD or a Ph.D. in Sociology
2. Teaching experience
3.Publication with clear research agenda
4. Fluent in both Arabic and English
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
Apply via online : https://careers.qu.edu.qa